As a former Horizon graduate, I was excited to return in 1997 as social studies teacher and the cheer/poms coach. Since that time, I have been busy earning a Masters degree in Literacy and then back to school for an 2nd endorsement in Administration. In the administrative realm I served Horizon as an Assistant Prinicpal/Activities Director and now as Principal. Everyday I love coming to work and seeing our students engaged in the classroom, on the athletic field, and in the co-curricular space! I truly believe have the best students, staff, and community in Colorado! Go Hawks!
If your student is experiencing issues, we ask that parents/guardians first discuss concerns with the teacher/coach/sponsor. If the issue is not resolved, please feel free to reach out to me directly by filling out the information below.
Thank you for being an integral part of your student's high school experience! I am looking forward to the opportunity to collaborate. It is a great day to be a HAWK! -Mrs. Brady
As you know from our previous communications Adams 12 and Horizon High School’s Remote Learning plan begins Wednesday, April 1st. As this launches I would like for us to remember that this is new for families, students, and educators. With this new environment we all need to grant each other some grace in learning new routines.
We are committed to creating a remote learning plan that serves all students and provides a reasonable balance. Please see the specifics of the plan for Horizon High School. Students are not required to participate in office hours with their teachers, but this is highly recommended. It is a fantastic time to get questions answered, receive assistance, and connect from a social emotional standpoint. Since we are beginning this week on a Wednesday this week’s activities/assignments will be modified and focused on getting students re-connected with teachers/content.
Finally, I am so grateful to our community for their collective efforts to take care of one another. Continue to stay tuned for future updates. Hawk Love and Health- Mrs. Brady
Horizon High School-Remote Learning Plan
- All activities/assignments for the week are posted for each class on Monday by 7:15am.
- For information on where to find student work and individual teacher’s preferred form of communication for office hours: reference the HHS website and individual teacher profiles.
- Students who attend Bollman will have to check their school for remote learning plans.
- Classwork will not exceed 30 minutes for each class (CP, AP and College Level course may vary).
- ·Attendance for the week will be based on student engagement in class activities.
- All completed activities/assignments for the week are due Sunday by 12-midnight.
- Grades will be updated weekly on Thursdays by 5pm.
My individual office hours are daily at the following times: 10-11am and 2-3pm. The best way to contact me via this time period is via email at email@example.com.