During Remote Learning:
All assignments will be posted in Google Classroom on Monday morning no later than 7:15 am and will be due by Sunday at midnight. At least 50% of the assignments should be completed by Friday at 3:00 pm for attendance purposes. I sent a campus messenger on Monday, March 30th with the Google Classroom codes and remind info.
Assignments will be numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. and should be completed in that order.
- The assignments that must be completed to count for attendance will be indicated in the assignment titles.
- Assignments should be completed and submitted in Google classroom, not shared with Ms. Alter.
- Students should complete work at their own pace at times that work for them, as long as they are submitted by the due date.
- Assignments will be numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. and should be completed in that order.
If you have questions or concerns:
I will be available via Remind (code sent via campus messenger) or Adams 12 Gmail to answer any questions at the times listed below. I will also be available on Zoom from 10:00 am to 11:00 am every Wednesday. You can pop in to ask questions using a link I will post in Google Classroom.
|Wednesday 10:00 am - 12:00 pm||Thursday||Friday|
8:00 - 8:45 am (9th only)
|8:45 - 9:30 am||
Pop in Zoom meeting
10:00 - 11:00 am
|9:30 - 10:15 am||10:15 - 11:00 am (Sociology only)|
|2:00 - 3:00 pm||2:00 - 3:00 pm||
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
|2:00 - 3:00 pm||2:00 - 3:00 pm|
Bio and other info:
I began my teaching career in 2012, and have been teaching at Horizon High School since 2017. I enjoy working with high school students and watching them develop the analytical thinking skills that are necessary in our changing world. When I'm not teaching, I enjoy hiking, skiing, traveling, reading, and spending time with my husband and dog. This school year (2019-2020) I will be teaching the following classes:
- 9th Economics and Government
- 9th CP Economics and Government
I’ll post updates on my website using Google calendars for each class. The calendar on each page corresponds to assignments on my Google Classroom, so you can see what what is being assigned with due dates.
The best way to contact me is through the website contact form, or by calling me at 720-972-4555.