REMOTE LEARNING UPDATE:
I will be using our Google Classroom as the main point of communication. Similarly to when school was in progress, I will be posting updates at least a few times each week. I will also post all upcoming assignments in the Classwork tab.
Other platforms I will be using: Turnitin.com (you should already be logged onto my class), Zoom, Flipgrid, Quizziz, and Newsela. Others may be added, and I'll offer assistance for using these platforms when assignments are posted.
My weekly office hours are as follows. I will be available at the following Zoom meetings (the link for each time stays the same each week:
- Monday: 7:15 am - 8:00 am; 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am - 8:45 am ; 1:15 pm - 2:30 pm.
- Wednesday: By appointment, 9 to 11 am
- Thursday: 8:45 am - 9:30 am ; 1:15 pm - 2:30 pm
- Friday: 9:30 am-10:15am ; 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- To ensure security of these meetings, and to allow for confidential discussions, I am utilizing the "Waiting Room" feature. I will be doing my best to be sure waits are no longer than 5 minutes. When you log into an office hour meeting, please be patient, and use your real name!
- NOTE: If you can't or don't want to use Zoom, you can also email me and I will be actively checking during these times.
Note: Students should already be logged onto Google classroom. These codes shouldn't be needed, but I posted them just in case!
My original info:
I teach English Language Arts grades 10 & 11, and I am one of the SOAR III and IV teachers. I started my teaching career at Horizon 24 years ago, and have happily taught here ever since! Over my years, I have taught Student Government, Russian, Service Learning, and all levels of English. I am proud to have been with the SOAR program since the start.
As an educator, I believe in creating an enjoyable and energetic classroom environment, where students push themselves to succeed. I believe communication is the fundamental key of being human, so I take my work pretty seriously. I also love helping students aspire to postsecondary study.
I sponsor the Green and Clean club, which meets on 1st and 3rd Fridays in room E0502.
I also serve on the Executive Board of the District Twelve Educators Association, and I get the opportunity to work with new teachers across the district through the district Induction program.